EndurElite Chief Endurance Officer Matt Mosman discusses if massage guns work to improve muscle recovery, if there is any research done on them, or if these devices are just a bunch of BS.
Do Percussion Massage Guns Work?
Ever wonder if MASSAGE GUNS work?
- These devices have been all the rage the last couple of years but do they actually work?
- They have been claimed to increase blood flow, decrease pain, increase range of motion, and make you a better lover (ok, kidding on that last point).
- Here’s the thing though...there is not one shred of scientific evidence or any studies done on these massage guns to back up these claims, but if it’s on the internet it must be true...amiright?
- BUT just so I don’t seem 100% biased these guns probably do have some benefits similar to a deep tissue massage.
- Take home points…save yourself the $600 and make a homemade massage gun first and see if it works for you or just stick with massages…..they feel a lot better anyway.