EndurElite Chief Endurance Officer Matt Mosman discusses what the supplement Lemon Balm is, how it works, benefits, and how much to take to help you sleep better.
Lemon Balm (Melissa Officinalis) Benefits:
SLEEP BETTER by taking the supplement lemon balm.
- Lemon balm, also known as Melissa Officinalis, is an herb demonstrated by research to reduce anxiety, induce calmness, and promote sedation.
- All of which can help you sleep better.
- It works by inhibiting the enzyme GABA transaminase.
- If you want to try lemon balm take 300mg 15 minutes before bed.
- It may also have a synergistic effect with Valerian Root, which you can take 450mg 15 minutes before bed as well to get some quality Zzzzzzz’s.
- For a list of the best natural sleep aids click here.