EndurElite Chief Endurance Officer Matt Mosman discusses the top 5 protein myths and why they are a bunch of bullsh#t.
The Biggest Myths About Protein
- Myth #1 - High protein diets cause kidney damage. FALSE! Research has demonstrated eating 2 to 4 times the RDA for protein has no negative effects on the kidneys.
- Myth #2 - High protein diets cause bone loss. PURE POPPYCOCK! Diets high in protein increase calcium absorption by the bone.
- Myth #3 - Protein powder isn’t real food. LIES! Protein powder comes from milk which is real food.
- Myth #4 - High protein diets make you fat. MALARKY! Eating more calories than you burn makes you fat regardless of the calories come from protein, fat, or carbs.
- Myth #5 - Protein must be consumed in the “anabolic” window to be beneficial. NO WAY BRUH! What’s more important is the total amount of protein you eat on a daily basis.